SailfishOS for Photon Q
This is a community port of Jolla’s Sailfish OS for Motorola Photon Q. Though it’s developed for and tested on Photon Q only, being based on CyanogenMod’s moto_msm8960_jbbl sources, it should work on other Motorola devices as well.
List of supported devices:
- Atrix HD (mb886)
- Photon Q 4G LTE (xt897)
- Droid RAZR M (xt907)
- RAZR HD (xt925)
- CDMA RAZR HD (xt926)
Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168
For current status of hardware support please refer to https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris and look for the Motorola Photon Q row.
- Orientation doesn’t change.
- The default camera app doesn’t work, please use Cameraplus instead.
- CDMA: phone calls work, no data and SMS (verified by xdadevelopers user bmccrary)
- GSM: phone calls, data and SMS work (verified by santamanga);
- LEDs patch: download LEDs_patch.tar.gz and extract it in the root folder as root (tar xzvf LEDs_patch.tar.gz).
- 26.12.2015 – Initial release.
- 11.05.2016 – Update 22.214.171.124 (Taalojärvi) released.
- 13.09.2016 – Update 126.96.36.199 (Aurajoki) released.
- 04.12.2016 – Update 188.8.131.52 (Haapajoki) released.
This port may brick your device! It is a work in progress and has issues. Use it at your own risk!
- Unlock the bootloader of the phone.
- Download the CyanogenMod 11 snapshot cm-11-20150626-SNAPSHOT-XNG3CAO1L8-moto_msm8960_jbbl.zip and follow the instructions for your respective device to install the CyanogenMod image.
- Download the Sailfish OS image 184.108.40.206 (Haapajoki) or 220.127.116.11 (Aurajoki) and flash it over CyanogenMod.
- Reboot the device (the first boot might take a while).
OpenRepos is a community driven personal repository system for Harmattan and Sailfish operating systems. It has useful applications. The easiest way to use OpenRepos is through the SailfishOS client, called Warehouse. To install it, please:
- Download the latest rpm from https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse-sailfishos
- Install the rpm as root:
rpm -i harbour-warehouse-X.X-XX.armv7hl.rpm
- Download the bootlogo
- Start your device in fastboot mode by pushing and holding the power and volume down at the same time, release the power button then release volume down.
- Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
- Flash the logo:
sudo fastboot flash logo sailfishpowered.bin